This is a simple side dish that turns even bulk, supermarket carrots into something special. The combination of the sweet roasted carrots and the salty feta works really well together, and the parsley and lemon keep everything fresh and bright tasting.
This dish couldn’t be simpler – toss carrots in olive oil and season with lemon zest and salt. High heat roast at 475-degrees, and finish the tender, caramelized carrots with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, crumbled feta and chopped parsley.
- 6 to 8 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste.
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 oz. good feta cheese.
- Several stems Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped.
- Preheat oven to 475-degrees.
- Scrub and peel carrots, then slice each carrot into large matchsticks by cutting each carrot in half lengthwise, and cutting each half into quarters lengthwise.
- Toss the carrot sticks with the olive oil, salt, and the zest of the lemon until evenly coated. Slice the lemon in half and set aside for later.
- Scatter the carrots in an even layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Roast the carrots for 15-25 minutes depending on the size of your carrot sticks. The carrots should be tender all the way through but not mushy, and should be nicely caramelized where they were sitting on the sheet pan.
- Squeeze the juice of half the reserved lemon over the hot roasted carrots and transfer to a wide serving bowl. Crumble the feta over the carrots and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve right away.
What are your favorite vegetables to roast?