Romaine Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Tangy Blue Cheese Dressing
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 ounces creamy blue cheese, such as gorgonzola.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons plain, Greek-style yogurt (substitute mayonnaise or sour cream if desired)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 medium heads Romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite size-pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, roasted, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup roasted, salted pistachio kernels (substitute walnuts or pecans if desired)
- 2 ounces creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- Blend all dressing ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade or with the chopper attachment of a stick blender. Can be made up to three days in advance and kept chilled.
- Reserve a few pistachios and blue cheese crumbles for garnish, then toss the salad ingredients with enough dressing to lightly coat. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately.
Recipe by Northwest Edible Life at http://www.nwedible.com/2013/11/romaine-salad-with-sweet-potatoes-and-tangy-blue-cheese-dressing.html