Get your copy of the best damn garden planner around! Designed for vegetable gardeners by a vegetable gardener, The Garden Planner & Journal includes everything you need to get organized, get planting, and make your edible garden the best it can be.
This completely updated and expanded Garden Planner & Journal is a downloadable, all-in-one garden planner, tracker and journal. It was designed for vegetable gardeners by a vegetable gardener.
The Garden Planner & Journal contains everything you need to get organized and stay organized through an entire year of gardening and beyond.
Grow More Great Vegetables
Proper planning and record keeping are essential if you want to harvest more from your garden, hit critical planting windows, cut down on unnecessary expense and come to understand the needs and timing of your own garden.
The Garden Planner & Journal will help you do all that – which mean you’ll successfully grow more great vegetables.
- Plan garden projects so you save money and get the results you want the first time – with less work and less messing around!
- Use my ultra-simple crop rotation method to help build soil fertility and give vegetables what they need – and what they don’t – with less work and less confusion!
- Track your garden in the way that makes sense to you – using plant profile sheets, checksheets, journal pages, calendar sheets or whatever combination works for you. The Garden Planner & Journal is completely adaptable to your needs and organizational style!
- Stay inspired with gorgeous, full-color Section Dividers and Covers, and a modern, gender-neutral design (because not all gardeners want a pink rose motif on their record-keeping!).
- Landscape layout gives you more room to record your essential gardening tasks.
- Use The Garden Planner & Journal year after year! Cover pages for 2014, 2015 and 2016 are included with the download, and the date-free design of all the forms and log sheets makes this the last Garden Journal you will ever need to buy.
- New! Daily and Weekly Garden Log Sheets in multiple layouts so you can free-journal in whatever format is right for you!
Finally! A Real Garden Organization Solution
I designed this journal because I wanted a comprehensive, simple, stylish, flexible way to record my seed-starting, planting, harvesting and garden project activities but was unable to find anything on the market that suited my needs.
Frankly, most of the garden journals I looked at were pretty useless. I wanted something functional and helpful; something that would help me grow the best edibles possible, year-round. I wanted everything in one place – no more random pieces of paper and notes in the margin of seed catalogs! And finally, I wanted it to look good – to remind me of the beauty of an edible garden even in the depth of winter.
The Garden Journal & Planner does just that – it is functional, complete and attractive. This re-design also incorporates great suggestions from other edible gardeners – everyone from professional market growers to beginning hobby gardeners – making it the most adaptable garden organization tool available. If you have feedback, I want to hear it!
Features of the Garden Journal & Planner
Included in this fully updated Garden Planner & Journal are:
- Full-color Cover Sheets for 2014, 2015 and 2016 and spine label inserts for each year in three different sizes.
- Full-color Section Divider Sheets so you can quickly and easily find the information you need within your Garden Journal & Planner.
- Garden Planning Grid-Paper Sheets on ¼-inch scale with common rectangular, square, and circular/keyhole bed templates included, so you can design (or redesign!) your garden beds as many times as you like with ease.
- Planning sheets and logs for all the essential tasks of gardening including Project Planning, Seed & Plant Purchasing, Crop Rotation, Seed Starting and Transplanting, Pest and Disease Management, Soil Testing and Management, Harvesting, and Orchard Care.
- Individual Plant Profile Sheets, including room for a photo, sketch or seed packet.
- Monthly Checklists, Monthly Calendars, and Journal-style Observation Logs. Record and organize your garden activities the way you want to – use one, all, or a combination of sheets and forms to create the record keeping and journaling system just right for you and your garden.
- Reflection Sheets to ensure each gardening year is better than the one before – record your reflections and note what worked and what could have worked better.
- Garden Expense Tracker so you can keep an eye on your actual gardening costs.
- Complete flexibility – need more seed starting log sheets? Just print them! Not interested in the calendar sheets? No problem – this is your Garden Planner & Journal and you can customize it just for your needs.
- Full instructions on how to set up The Garden Planner & Journal, which you can also read in full here. It’s easy – just print out the sheets, logs and forms (some or all, as your garden requires) included in this 111 page PDF, hole-punch the pages and add them to a 3-ring binder. For the best possible organization, I recommend you also have on hand several plastic sheet protectors for the Section Divider Sheets and a set of commercially available 12-month tab dividers. (Binder, sheet protectors and 12-month tab dividers are, obviously, not included in this PDF download.)
The Last Garden Planner You’ll Ever Need
After a lot of thought, I decided to make this updated Garden Planner & Journal year-free. What this means for you is that you can keep using it, year after year. When you need more sheets or forms, just print them. It’s that simple.
Initially I had planned to offer a new planner every year, with the hopes that satisfied customers would come back to buy a new journal every year. I think most of them would have. But I know what it’s like to be a vegetable gardener: you want to grow the best food you can for yourself and your family. You are willing to invest in certain tools to do that, but there is always something competing for your garden dollar: compost, seeds, a new pair of gardening clippers.
Because I know what it is like to see the cost of seed-packets start to add up, I decided I’d rather get this Garden Planner & Journal into more hands by making it a very affordable one-time, life-time purchase rather that than a year-over-year commitment.
This probably means I’ll lose sales because I won’t be able to re-package the journal year after year. That’s ok – it’s more important to me to help more gardeners grow better gardens for as long as they want to work their soil – and making The Garden Planner and Journal year-free accomplishes this.
Periodically I update this PDF download based on suggestions and requests from my fellow gardeners. Your one-time purchase gives you the ability to always download the most recent version of the Garden Planner & Journal! Just email me and I’ll make sure you can download the most up-to-date release. Because there is no limit to the copies of The Garden Planner & Journal you can print for your own private use, this could literally be the last garden organization tool you ever buy.
This Garden Journal is truly a labor of love. It is the solution to my garden organization needs and I hope it will be your solution as well. If you have feedback or a suggestion for a future edition, I want to hear it!
You can reach me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much for your purchase and for supporting my website, Northwest Edible Life. Happy gardening!