A few years ago, when I was just starting my second career, I was working two jobs downtown. Killing time between gigs, my peripatetic wanderings took me into Barnes and Noble. There I spotted an interesting book, Michel Richard’s Happy in the Kitchen. Though the culinary technique was as far over my head as loop quantum gravity, Chef Richard’s smiling Santa Claus-like visage immediately won my heart.
- Two 4’x8′ raised beds built to replace the previous mounded beds in that location.
- Said beds filled with existing soil, fresh compost, and mulch (thank you, little helpers!)
- A bed for blueberries created.
- Some extensive path reworking completed, finalizing architectural changes that started with our new perennial bed and our impending backyard orchard.
- The irrigation system brought out of it’s wintertime slumber and prepared for use.
- The greenhouse’s irrigation system rebuilt and replaced.
Where are you happiest?